Apr 27, 2015

▌推薦 ▌The Amish-Buggy | 阿米希人製果醬Amish made jam | peach, dutch apple, strawberry butter



阿米希人製果醬/桃子、蘋果、草莓口味  
Amish made jam/peach, dutch apple and strawberry butter





        住在東岸的人對Amish的東西算是有一些些的著迷(是嗎?還是只有我?哈哈)因為畢竟不是住在俄亥俄或賓州,沒有見到那麼多的Amish(但有讀過一篇文章提到田納西也有少部分Amish聚落)。
而在某次的road trip經過Amish商店看到賣好多麵包、果醬等東西沒買而回去感到極後悔之後,在去納什維爾的某個市集看到有人在賣阿米西製的果醬就不小心一次買了三罐,阿蘭都不停的說:「這也不是常見啊!看到就買吧~」之類的話,腦波很弱的我就會不自禁買下,殊不知根本吃不完。但我是很喜歡這些果醬的,與一般市售果醬不同的點在於吃起來與聞起來味道沒有那麼濃厚,另外似乎用什麼素材製作也會影響到抹醬的質感差異。

       Some of people who live in east of the United States, like me, fascinate Amish product. Once in a road trip, I went to an Amish store and without bringing anything home, I've regretted it ever since. So when I saw there're some Amish products at a marketplace in Nashville, I bought THREE jams at once. Due to Alan's words, "They are special! You can't see it in grocery stores!" I was convinced to buy them and forgot that I can't finish all of them. LOL
       I do really like these jams. They are different from the jams in normal grocery stores. The smell and taste are not as strong as normal jams, and seems like different  materials have different food texture.  


這製造的其實都不是在那些Amish主要常見的州,但也是在那附近啦(欸)他們生意也是做滿大的吼,也是有外銷,可以上他們的網站訂購。
It was made in IL, not like PA, OH,etc, the states that are famous by Amish but to me it is around THERE. LOL
If you are interested in the products, you can contact them.


這罐是桃子果醬,抹起來材質有顆粒感,材質較固體感,有淡淡桃子香氣,味道清爽不黏口。這三罐吃起來我個人比較喜歡桃子口味的。
This is peach jam. there were some tiny granule inside, whole body tend to solid texture and jam tasted fresh and not sticky. This peach jams was my favorite of these 3.


而草莓果醬就非常的水,挖一匙還會滴下來的程度。口味比較甜,並帶有一些微酸,可以清楚看到草莓果粒跟質地,我個人似乎比較喜歡市售的草莓果醬:P
And the strawberry butter jam is very liquid, it will drop if scoop. The taste is more sweet than other 2 jams and a little bit sour. You could see the pulp very easily.
I prefer other strawberry jams in grocery stores :P


哪裡買 where to buy?
http://www.amish-buggy.com/






Apr 22, 2015

▌料理 ▌鮮蝦菇菇豆腐粉絲煲 Shrimp tufu pot with mushrooms bean thread




- 鮮蝦菇菇豆腐煲 Shrimp tofu pot with mushrooms bean thread -

準備方式真的太簡單,所有東西一層一層放到鍋裡後就可以了!先準備好這個,在中間炖煮的時間準備其他菜色剛剛好不多也不少:)
重點是擺出來又漂亮又好吃,清爽又沒有太大負擔。
It's a very easy dish, the only skill you have to do is putting all ingredients in pot with order of layers! During the stewing time, you can cook other dishes and will not waste any time :)
The point is that, this tofu pot not only looks beautiful , colorful and yummy but also clean, fresh and light!




準備材料 -

1. 粉絲(一把)bean thread (take a handful)
2. 蝦 shrimps (5~7)
3. 菇(可用美白菇、金針菇任何菇)mushroom (any small size kinds you like)
4. 豆腐 tofu
5. 蔥花 chopped green onion







製作流程 -

1. 先將粉絲泡軟、陶鍋用超小火加溫(如果過熱鍋可能會裂,不能空鍋熱太久)
    Put bean thread into a bowl of water for 10-20 mins till it soft. 
    Heat the pot to warm temperature and be careful not to overheat when the pot is empty due to causing pot split.
2. 第一層先放粉絲
    First layer: bean thread

3.擺上菇菇們(看個人喜好,其他的菇種也會好吃)
   Second layer : mushrooms!

4. 擺上豆腐
    Third layer: tofu

5. 擺上一隻一隻蝦
    The last layer: shrimps

6. 倒入適量雞高湯
     Pour into some chicken stock, in this case, I used 1/3 of the bottle.

7. 適量薄鹽醬油調味
    Add a bit of less sodium soy sauce.

8. 加一些味醂提味
    Use some mirin to improve taste (other option: sugar)

9. 加少許壺底油精
    Add very little premium black bean sauce (other option: normal soy sauce)

10. 接著就蓋上鍋蓋,轉中大火至排氣孔冒煙代表已滾,轉小火滾個15-20分鐘嚐嚐味道有入味就差不多完成
       Cover the pot cover and turn to medium high heat, till the air-hole puff turn low heat stewing for 15-20 mins.

11. 撒一些蔥花後可轉中火,依自己喜好看收汁的程度 :)
       Try its flavor and to make some adjustment to conform your taste. After adjustment, putting chopped green onion on top and ready to serve!



1. 這道菜我很喜歡的原因是可以第一個準備,最後一個煮完,上桌時永遠燒滾滾!
    The reason I like it is because it will be the final dish to cook, that means it will always boiling on the diner table! (Taiwanese love our dishes always heat ;P)
2. 關於調味醬汁的部分,可以先在旁邊調配好後再倒入,但我個人是喜歡一種一種加適味道,因為我還是烹飪初學者還在練習調味的量 :P
    About sauce part, you can mix all of them in another bowl and adjust it or pour them directly in the pot just like me.